Blackened Catfish with Remoulade and Potato Salad


Blackened Catfish with Remoulade and Potato Salad
As you all well know, I usually never link out to recipes since everything I post is not a recipe but my own brain child which I discovered with my unbelievable intellect. Today, however, I must give credit where credit is due and it is a site I have linked out to in the past. Before you get your panties in a bunch, I have had zero contact with the author of this blog and this person has not posted since mid-summer. Nevertheless, I love it as a resource. Now would be an appropriate time to mention the 'search' function on blogger. I get a lot of stupid fucking questions from you idiots that could easily be solved by typing some characters into the box in the upper left hand corner. I would suggest you start trying that before wasting my precious time, dickheads. Also you can find me on CL Food Forum making fun of jackasses like yourself so you can always feel free to ask your idiotic questions there. In any case, I made these recipes almost verbatim (but the Blackened Catfish is still my recipe, dammit!) so here is the remoulade and here is the potato salad. I look forward to continuing to make recipes off this site and I suggest you do the same. Eat it.

Related Site

-Drink and Chicken Recipes

-Pork Chop Recipes online

Related Videos :below I show related videos and not so related to this article.

Title: In the Kitchen with Ken: Blackened Catfish

Blackened Catfish

4 catfish fillets

1 tablespoon chili powder

1/2 tablespoon Tony Chachere's Seasoning

1/4 tablespoon sea salt

1 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 tablespoon garlic powder

1/2 tablespoon onion powder

1 tablespoon thyme

1 lemon

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Mix all of the dry ingredients in a small bowl to create a dry rub. Coat the fillets on each side with the rub and set aside. Add a small amount of oil to a large cast iron skillet and bring the heat up to high. Place a fillet into the center of the pan, topside down, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip, and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Coat with a little lemon juice and serve hot.

Title: Blackened Catfish

This is the Cajun favorite made popular by Chef Paul Prudhomme back in the early 1980's. This version is done on the outside griddle atop mesquite coals.

Ingredients:
6 catfish filets
1/2 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp Cajun spice mix
2 tsp Garlic salt
5 lb. Mesquite charcoal

Preparation:
Prepare your grill with about 5 lbs. of charcoal and get them really hot, the coals should be white hot. Place a cast iron griddle flat top or skillet over the coals and allow it to get very hot, about 20 minutes. In the mean time coat the catfish filets with the olive oil then sprinkle the Cajun spice and garlic salt on each side of the catfish. Allow to sit for 15 to 20 minutes while the coals and griddle are getting hot.
Place the catfish with the rounded side down first onto the griddle and allow to cook until the sides start to turn white, about 6-8 minutes, then flip them with a metal spatula and cook another 6-8 minutes until flaky and cooked through. Remove to a serving platter, and serve with rice pilaf and a fresh vegetable.






0 comments:

Post a Comment