Cherry & Nutella Ice Cream Sundae Recipe

por | | |

Cherry & Nutella Ice Cream Sundae Recipe

There are few things in life that epitomize the excitement of childhood culinary dreams more than an ice cream sundae. It is difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of this excitement. Perhaps it is the endless possibilities of ingredients. Then again, maybe it is the special bowl or glass it is served in. For me, it is the promise of dipping my spoon into the tall sundae glass and the surprise at what combination of flavors I will pull out from the seemingly endless layers. Of course, as the chef of the house, it is my duty to run a quality-control check on each of the ingredients before serving them to my trusting husband and boys.

It only took one spoonful of vanilla ice cream for me to determine that it was sufficiently creamy and sweet. One plump cherry popped into my mouth told me that the juicy fruit would seep into the vanilla ice cream effortlessly. The Nutella? It took me at least six or seven swipes of my finger in the container to determine that the creamy hazelnut and chocolate confection was good enough to serve to my family. Just taking one for the team.

When I set the cold treats in front of my boys, they became wide-eyed and emitted various "oo"s and "ah"s. They were respectfully silent as they plowed their way through the sundaes, devouring layer upon layer of melting ice cream, warm chocolate and sweet berries. The childhood wonder has been successfully passed on to another generation and their future sundae dreams will be limited only by their imaginations.

Using four 8-ounce glasses, pour 1/4 cup pitted, sliced fresh cherries into the bottom of each glass.

Cherry & Nutella Ice Cream Sundae Recipe
Next, put in a layer of slightly softened vanilla ice cream, followed by a layer of softened Nutella (soften on 50% power in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds), another layer of vanilla ice cream, and a healthy drizzle of Nutella. Top with 2 tablespoons sliced cherries. Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve immediately.

Cherry & Nutella Ice Cream Sundae Recipe
Other cherry ice cream desserts:

Tartelette's Cherry, Rose & Coconut Ice Cream
Smitten Kitchen's Cherry Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips
Dine & Dish's Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream Float
The Leftover Queen's Very Pistachio Cherry Ice Cream
Dessert First's Cherry Ice Cream Profiteroles with Almond Granita

Cherry & Nutella Ice Cream Sundaes

10 oz. fresh cherries, pitted and sliced
About 1/4 gallon (a little less) vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
3/4 cup Nutella
4 sprigs of mint, for garnish (optional)

Using four 8-ounce glasses, pour 1/4 cup pitted, sliced fresh cherries into the bottom of each glass. Next, put in a layer of slightly softened vanilla ice cream, followed by a layer of softened Nutella (soften on 50% power in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds), another layer of vanilla ice cream, and a healthy drizzle of Nutella. Top with 2 tablespoons sliced cherries. Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve immediately.

Serves 4.

Printable recipe




Related Site

-Free Food Recipes Online

-Food and Drink Magazine

Related Videos :below I show related videos and not so related to this article.

Title: Save Tonight- Eagle Eye Cherry

I DO NOT OWN ANY PART OF THIS VIDEO.

Thanks for all the comments, ratings and views!

774,000 views!!!!

Hope it gets to 1,000,000 by next year!

Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry

PLeas comment and rate...

Lyrics:

Go on and close the curtains
All we need is candlelight
You and me and a bottle of wine
Going to hold you tonight

We know I'm going away
How I wish....wish it weren't so
Take this wine & drink with me
Let's delay our misery

Save tonight
And fight the break of dawn
Come tomorrow
Tomorrow I'll be gone

There's a log on the fire
And it burns like me for you
Tomorrow comes with one desire
To take me away....it's true
It ain't easy to say goodbye
Darling please don't start cry
'Cause girl you know I've got to go
Lord I wish it wasn't so

Save tonight
And fight the break of dawn
Come tomorrow
Tomorrow I'll be gone

Tomorrow comes to take me away
I wish that I......that I could stay
Girl you know I've got to go
Lord I wish it wasn't so

Save tonight
And fight the break of dawn
Come tomorrow
Tomorrow I'll be gone....

Title: Neil Diamond, 'Cherry Cherry' (circa 1967)

READ THIS: Dennis Morgan began working with Neil when he ran the San Francisco office for MCA/Universal Music Group. Neil appeared regularly at the Circle Star Theatre in San Mateo. And they were the most sought after highly prized 'ticket-comps' Morgan had in his promotion arsenal for use with the radio and press crowd.

Truth be told, he probably generated more airplay and press in the Bay Area for other--more needy Universal recording artists by leveraging Neil Diamond concert tix.

From the 1960s to the 1980s, Neil was one the more successful rock music performers, scoring an extraordinary number of charted hits. Morgan recalls how distressed his mentors at Uni Records were (Russ Regan, Pat Pipilo, and Rick Frio) when Neil decided to leave the label and sign with Columbia Records/Sony Music. At the time, there may have been a turf battle underway in the corporate suite--especially after the late Artie Mogul and his A&R staff headed by Don Shane signed Andy Kim (Sugar, Sugar) who had reinvented himself in the image of Neil Diamond with the mid-chart hit single, 'Rock Me Gently'. In the end, Columbia Records won simply by making an offer Neil couldn't refuse.

As critic William Ruhlmann once wrote: "Neil Diamond claims worldwide record sales of over 140 million copies, and he was ranked third, behind only Elton John and Barbara Streisand." Neil's songs have been recorded by a vast array of performers from all musical genres.

He posted the 'Cherry Cherry' video as a reminder that Neil has been continually passed over for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame since his eligibility in 1989. And that is a damn shame.

From the forthcoming Dennis Morgan semi-autobiography, 'All The Dark Horses; All
The Kings Men'.






0 comments:

Post a Comment