Let's Try A Different Contact Method, Shall We?!

Let's Try A Different Contact Method, Shall We?!

Hello All,

Have any of you other bloggers experienced the following phenomenon? You are a friendly & communicative person, so you post your email address(es) on your blogs, & then notice a sudden increase in spam, much of which passes right through your spam filter? Either spammers are getting more & more clever, or spam filters just aren't what they used to be, or in all likelihood, it's probably a bit of both! You know what they say about building a better mousetrap...... ;-)

So, in an effort to cut down the tremendous amount of spam I'm getting, I've made the decision to close the various gmail (& any other domain) accounts associated with this blog. So let that be a warning to all of you spammers out there!

And if you do happen to be a spammer trolling for email addresses, you should know that I've removed all existing references to my email addresses in this blog, so don't bother searching. ;-) And links in cached searches or other reference points are of course now invalid.

I sincerely apologize to all of those valid senders who have never abused the privilege, but I had to do something, as the whole situation was driving me nuts, & it was just taking too much time to sift through my Inbox.

However, if you are a valid sender, obviously this means that you can no longer send emails to these particular accounts. So don't be surprised if you get bounced messages back, or they seem to go into a "black hole" with no apparent response. I'm not deliberately ignoring you; I'm just not getting your emails. ;-)

Chances are, if you are a person with whom I've already got an established, long-term connection, you probably weren't using these blog-affiliated emails anyhow, as you most likely already possess alternate contact information. ;-) As the common-sense blogging rule goes, if the information isn't supplied on the blog, then it's probably not something the blogger is willing to divulge. ;-) Again, this isn't said to be snotty; it's only done to preserve privacy & (reduce the amount of time wasted on sorting through bogus email! ;-) ).

As always, you're welcome to post comments on my blog. Of course, I don't expect you to list your email address in the comments & thus leave yourself vulnerable to spammers. However, I've got an even better idea.

Instead of posting my email for all the world to see, we are going to try a new approach. Here's what I propose: If you are part of any social networking groups to which I also belong (see listing of groups in various places on the right sidebar), you are welcome to contact me through these means. This way, if you wish to leave for email address for me, you can do so in a much more protective, private, & suitable fashion, which will also help to keep both parties safe from spam.

IMPORTANT: Just so you know, I tend to use Blogcatalog more than some of the other services/communities, so best to contact me there.

Also, please know that I've got the external email notifications turned off for many, if not most, of the message repositories for these various social networks -- otherwise I'd get hundreds of emails a day from these sites, so don't be surprised if it takes me a while to get back to you.

Additionally, please be aware that I typically only accept "Facebook friend requests" from people with whom I already have some pre-existing relationship or connection. (It used to be that, if you add someone as a Facebook friend, there wasn't a good way to block them from seeing certain types of default information on your profile. So, of course, that made me rather reluctant to add certain people whom -- while they might very well be honest & friendly, & have honorable intentions -- were still tenuously connected to me at best. I think that most of you can understand & appreciate my reasons behind these actions. It's certainly not my intention to be mean or unfriendly, but of course, sometimes a person just has to do certain things to protect themselves. Thankfully, Facebook has finally implemented more privacy controls, but since it requires additional security actions on my end & yet still doesn't complete block all personal details, I'd rather only add known entities at this point.)

And finally, if you wish to procure my fashion consulting services, you're always welcome to contact me via my profile on Kasamba.com.

Of course, I honestly wish that I didn't have to resort to removing these email accounts, but I figure that, in the end, the people who really are sincere in their efforts to "befriend" me or atleast further a positive connection or discussion regarding our mutual interests will make the effort to find me through these alternative means I've suggested.

Anyhow, just wanted to let you all know about the recent changes.

Cheers,
Cyberpenguin
Let's Try A Different Contact Method, Shall We?!

Related Site

-easyrecipesofchicken

-recipesoffoodanddrink

Related Videos :below I show related videos and not so related to this article.

Title: Heavy Rain: JX23 Let's Play Heavy Rain Episode 1 (HR Gameplay/Commentary)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcW6oQjMZY0
Click this to watch Modern Warfare 2: Let's Play MW2 With JX23 - Contingency Part 2 of 2

Heavy Rain: JX23 Let's Play Heavy Rain Episode 1 (HR Gameplay/Commentary)

A play through Heavy Rain with me JX23!

DIRECTOR'S CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/jx23

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Follow Machinima on Twitter!

Machinima
http://twitter.com/machinima_com

Inside Gaming
http://twitter.com/insidegaming

Machinima Respawn
http://twitter.com/mcom_respawn

Machinima Entertainment, Technology, Culture
http://twitter.com/machinima_etc

FOR MORE MACHINIMA, GO TO:
http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=machinima

FOR MORE GAMEPLAY, GO TO:
http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=machinimarespawn

TAGS: yt:quality=high Heavy Rain Quantic Dream Sony Computer Entertainment PS3 Playstation Gameplay different choices 711719816423 lets play heavy rain walkthrough jx23 episode 1 jx 23

Title: Let's Play Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - 1 - Introduction

THE OP ON MY SITE: http://ssskinner.wordpress.com/lets-plays/wii-silent-hill-shattered-memories/

Viddler: http://www.viddler.com/explore/ssskinner/videos/180/

A few answers to questions:
Q) Are you going to show off alternate paths/endings/etc?
A) Once this LP is over, I will be doing a stream playthrough of the entire game where I intentionally take other paths, choose other options on personality tests, and get different character models and endings.

Q) Can I post spoilers in the comments?
A) Please don't spoil SH:SM. It's okay if you post spoilers to other Silent Hill games.




0 comments:

Post a Comment